With its gambrel roof, multiple dormers, shingle siding, and semicircular arches in the gable ends, this prominent Shingle style residence stands out among Joliet’s more modest homes. When Guy and Cora Lovering purchased the house in 1907, it was…

The Bank of Joliet opened in 1904 and began planning construction of this stately one-story building soon after. By the time the $8,000 building was completed in 1907, the bank had new owners and a new name. Built on Joliet’s most visible corner,…

"Chief shepherd" Walter Jordan and "singing evangelist" Lucile Park preached to a packed house at an October 1908 revival meeting, held above the meat market on Joliet's Main Street. Forty-five charter members joined together…

The area surrounding Joliet remained Crow country until 1892, when the Carbon Reserve Agreement cut the size of the reservation almost in half. By that time, railroads already ran through the reservation, including the Rocky Fork and Cook City…