Charles A. and Frank J. Wilson, brothers from Wisconsin, built and established their businesses in this building by 1888. The building originally housed a furniture store on one side, a feed store on the other, and a miners’ boarding house/living quarters upstairs. Later in the 1890s, the businesses changed to hardware and groceries while the boarding house continued to operate. Inside, a hand-over-hand hoist that is still in use and tongue-and-groove maple flooring confirm the success of the brothers’ businesses. Although the building has been remodeled several times and the interior stairs moved to the outside, rehabilitation of the façade has restored the exterior to its 1887 appearance.