Sayr's Building

Philipsburg Historic Disctrict

First known as the Hyde Block, this building was constructed by banker Joseph Hyde and his wife, Mary, in 1888. It housed the First National Bank until the silver crash of 1893. In 1904, Frank Sayrs purchased the building and it has since held a number of businesses including a tailor’s shop, drug stores, and a recreation center. The fine design of this two-story commercial structure features a chamfered, or beveled, corner with a modillioned metal cornice and pediment.

Images

Map

103 North Sansome Street, Philipsburg, Montana ~ Private