A steep-roofed gable-front cottage with a wraparound porch stood on this lot by 1901. Sometime before 1907 Rose Robbins—who owned the one-and-one-half-story home along with many other lots in the neighborhood—expanded the residence, adding a rear addition with a second porch. According to the 1907 city directory, Rose’s children—teacher Eva and her two younger brothers, both still in school—lived here. Rose’s official address was a nearby homestead. Their father, the secretary treasurer of the Carbon Mercantile Company, lived around the corner on Word. In 1913, Rose sold the home to attorney R. G. Wiggenhorn and his wife Maud who in turn sold it to druggist Edgar Allen in 1921. Sometime after 1940, owners removed the wraparound porch, replacing it with a Craftsman style entryway. The new porch featured a fascia board shaped into three arches with solid knee braces flanking the door, a stylistic element popular in Red Lodge in the early 1940s. A Victorian-style hairpin fence, manufactured by Stewart Iron Works in Cincinnati, separates the residence from the street, providing the home symbolic protection from the outside world.