T. C. Power and Bro. was founded in 1868 at approximately this location. Initially housed in a wooden building, the store was moved in 1879 to a large brick structure across the street. When the firm expanded, a hardware store was built next door and the dry goods-saddlery building constructed in 1881. The business went bankrupt in 1934. In later years Palmer Hardware and Morrison’s Hardware occupied the building.