Neoclassical design elements define this substantial two-story brick home built in 1891. Dentils ornament the eaveline, multi-pane windows dominate the symmetrical front façade, and doubled columns provide support for what was once a full-length front porch with a second-story balustrade. A decorative iron fence symbolically separates the family sanctuary from the outside world and likely dates to the home’s construction. The small garage, added sometime between 1900 and 1916, reflects the increasing importance of the automobile. Physicians were particularly indebted to their cars for ready transportation on late-night calls, and this residence was home to two doctors. Abram Leggat, a general physician and surgeon with an office in the Hennessey Building, lived here between 1900 and 1902, before he and his wife, Hattie, decided to move with their daughter to St. Louis. Dr. John McIntyre, a skilled surgeon and the medical examiner for several fraternal organizations, lived here with his wife, Annie, between 1910 and 1917.