Filed Under Livingston

Judge Frank Henry Mansion

Livingston Westside Residential Historic District

When the new state of Montana held its first elections in 1889, Frank Henry became judge of the sixth judicial district. He served on the bench until 1912, longer than any other Montana judge. Henry built this exemplary Queen Anne style residence, one of the first on the Westside, in 1892. Its complex roofline, irregular floorplan, wraparound porch, second-story engaged balcony, and elegant ornamentation demonstrate the talent of an unknown architect. In 1928, the home became a hospital, founded by Nurse Edith Lott, which served Livingston until 1955. Expanded and remodeled during the 1940s, the hospital featured thirty-two beds and averaged twenty-four patients daily. Now a private residence, this neighborhood landmark contributes greatly to the district’s historic roots.

Images

Judge Frank Henry Mansion View of exterior Creator: John Luther Date: June 2019

Location

332 West Callender Street, Livingston, Montana | Private

Metadata

The Montana National Register Sign Program, “Judge Frank Henry Mansion,” Historic Montana, accessed December 7, 2022, https://historicmt.org/items/show/1690.