C.W. Cannon Building

Helena Historic District

Prominent Helena investor and real estate developer Charles W. Cannon commissioned the firm of Wallace and Thornborgh to construct this building for $10,000. Completed in 1890, the building reflects expansion and urbanization in the downtown area during this period of growth. An excellent example of the multiple storefront form, this architectural style helped satisfy the need for choice commercial space. The building originally housed five small shops, each with its own display window and entrance.

Images

Map

401 North Last Chance Gulch, Helena, Montana ~ Private