Havre's first Episcopal church service was held in 1900 at Fort Assinniboine, south of Havre. After the arrival of the Reverend Leonard J. Christler in 1907, regular services were conducted in town. The Reverend Christler immediately began plans for a permanent church, and groundbreaking took place the following year. Distinguished Kalispell architect Marion B. Riffo drew the blueprints for this beautiful Gothic style building. Constructed of donated granite from Helena, shipped by rail free of charge, the church was finally completed in 1918. Its elegant and distinctive features include a crenellated tower and carillon, graceful arched windows, and stained glass.