Bozeman’s extensive streetcar system offered reliable transportation from 1892 until 1922. In 1901, the Gallatin Light, Power, and Railway Company built this facility as an office and barn for its trolleys. After 1904 when the second story was finished, various lodges and clubs including the Elks and the American Legion held meetings in the upstairs rooms. When streetcars had become a thing of the past, the car barn was used as an auto repair shop. By this time Eagles Aerie #326 met regularly upstairs. The group purchased the building for $5,000 from the Metals Bank and Trust Company in 1932. Prominent architect Fred Willson remodeled the storefront for them in 1945, replacing the trolley barn doors with the present brick and ornamental cinder block but leaving the fine 1901 brickwork intact. The neon sign, now a local landmark, was also installed in the 1940s. As the Eagles of Aerie #326 celebrate their centennial in 2003, this historic building is still their lodge hall. It is Bozeman’s only surviving remnant of the streetcar era and a model of adaptive reuse.