Alonzo J. Dean turned to real estate investment after his retirement as longtime manager of Kalispell’s J.C. Penney store in 1927. In 1928, Dean purchased the elegant Charles Conrad stable complex that originally stood on Woodland Avenue. The barn and carriage house were divided into five sections and the pieces moved to different locations. Kalispell architect Fred Brinkman brought about the transformation of each from stable to home. A steep gabled roof, half timbering, arcaded wing, and arched entry are classic Tudor style elements Brinkman employed in the remodeling. Although no longer associated with the Conrad Estate, the home is an excellent example of adaptive reuse during the neighborhood’s historic period. It is also significant for its association with A. J. Dean, whose real estate development during the late 1920s served as impetus for further residential construction. Now a private residence, current owners have meticulously restored the original architectural features both inside and outside.