Real estate speculation abounded in the East Main district when carpenter Ernest Anderson built this lovely one-and-a-half-story bungalow in 1916. Its large front porch, supported by heavy, tapered columns, and its low-pitched roofs with overhanging eaves and triangular braces clearly mark this house as a Craftsman style bungalow, one of the most fashionable house styles during this period. Anderson probably never intended this house for his own home; rather, he saw it as an investment and an advertisement of his carpentering skills. From 1918 to 1928 the bungalow was used as rental property. Its tenants included Charles D. Jones, general manager of the Yellowstone Lumber Company. Some time before 1928, when it was sold to Harmon Bright, then vice president of First National Bank, and his wife Mary, the bungalow’s characteristic open front and side porches were enclosed and a breezeway was built, connecting the house to a new garage. These alterations did nothing to reduce the residence’s charm or its ability to link the Miles City of today with the boomtown of the early 1900s.