In 1900, Sixth Ward alderman and assayer Albert G. Sienbenaler lived here, in what was then a one-story residence. The characteristic Queen Anne style home boasted a polygonal bay and open front porch. Some time before 1916, owners added a second story along with new ornamentation, including decorative wood paneling between the first- and second-story bay windows and a basket-arched window in the gable end. Paul Alberton owned the residence between 1906 and 1918. Alberton was co-proprietor of the famed M & M, a twenty-four-hour saloon and eatery that catered to off-shift miners. Margaret Lynch and her husband, federal district court judge Jeremiah Lynch, purchased the residence in 1918. In a classic rags-to-riches story, Judge Lynch emigrated from Ireland in 1890 and worked as a carman in the Anaconda Mine to earn money for law school. In 1906, he was elected to the district court. He served as a judge for thirty-seven years before retiring at age seventy-seven. Renowned for her hospitality, Margaret raised seven children here. Judge Lynch passed away in 1961, nine months after his ninetieth birthday.