A prominent place at the top of West Park Street emphasizes the importance of this 1916 Craftsman style residence. Its first owner was James M. Orton, one of eight talented brothers who brought music to generations of residents in the Mining City. The Ortons came to Butte in 1879 where the brothers, only one of whom could read music, formed a cornet band that won renown across the state. They founded Orton Brothers Music House in 1886, a business run by the family until 1960. After James retired to California in 1923, Timothy J. Sullivan purchased the property and was at home here from 1929 through the mid-1950s. Sullivan, president of an engineering firm and ironworks, was mayor of Butte from 1953 to 1957. The home features exposed eave brackets, brick piers with stone capitals, and exterior brick chimneys. These elements are characteristic of the Craftsman style. Although popular across the nation during the early twentieth century, Craftsman style homes are a rarity in Butte. A stone retaining wall crowned with an ornamental iron gate and mature landscaping enhance this unusual historic home.