Architect Herman Kemna, who began his Butte practice in 1898, designed this attractive corner landmark at the end of his productive career. The two-story building of brick and concrete, constructed in 1922 at a cost of $45,000, features large arched ground-floor windows and a series of brick pilasters, which form divisions in the upper floor. One of Butte’s long-time newspapers, the Butte Daily Post, moved its printing operation into the new building in early 1923 without missing a single issue. The Post continued publication on these premises until 1950. Upon assuming ownership from Amalgamated Copper in 1913, John H. Durstan vowed that the politically Republican Post, formerly the Daily Intermountain, would be “an enthusiastic herald of Butte’s industrial greatness,” advocating progress, thrift, and good citizenship.