The Classical Revival style is grandly expressed in this exemplary residence of high-fired tan brick, built between 1916 and 1920. A symmetrical façade with central porch, double entry doors, square brick columns, and a central gable over an extended bay achieve the rich harmony characteristic of this elegant, dignified style. The original owner was James Heslet, a longtime employee of copper king W. A. Clark. Heslet began his career as a teller with the Clark and Larabie Bank in 1889. By 1900, he had worked his way up to the prestigious position of assistant cashier with W. A. Clark & Bro. Bankers. Heslet remained thus employed until the mid-1930s when both he and his wife, Cora, were trustees for the Paul Clark Home. A butler’s pantry and servants’ quarters equipped with a call box to the dining room are evidence of the Heslets’ social status. The yard, of unusual size by Butte standards, is enclosed by a handsome wall of porphyry crowned with an iron railing.