Architect William A. O’Brien designed and built this striking home in 1906 for ACM attorney Albert J. Campbell. The massive brick-veneered residence demonstrates O’Brien’s bold employment of the new Prairie style promoted by Chicago architect Frank Lloyd Wright. A single-story porch, concrete balustrade with stepped cutwork, and hipped roof of red mission tile are stylistic features. Overall symmetry and beveled window glass emphasize the horizontal lines characteristic of this innovative style. Campbell was in New York City when he died of appendicitis, and he never saw his distinguished home completed. It was later owned by bank presidents Charles J. Kelly in 1914 and Andrew J. Davis in 1930. In 1931, Davis reputedly tore down the house next door to enlarge his grounds, an action viewed by some as particularly frivolous at the height of the Depression. Walter P. Cooney, vice president of the Cooney Brokerage Company, subsequently owned the home for many years.