Thompson Falls was on the brink of intense development when local druggist and physician Dr. Everett Peek built the region’s first substantial medical facility. Its original twenty rooms accommodated Peek’s hospital and briefly served as a residence. After completion of the hydroelectric dam project, Peek moved to Missoula and the Montana Power Company eventually acquired the building. After 1927, a three-story back wing and second-story wraparound porch were removed, leaving seven of the original rooms. Now a private residence, the front façade appears much as it did in 1910. Tuscan columns and turned wooden posts grace the porch while lovely stained and diamond-patterned leaded glass windows add elegance to this significant architectural landmark.