In its earliest years, St. Paul's Episcopal Church held services twice monthly. The Reverend George Stewart traveled from Missoula to officiate. By 1900, the diocesan bishop recognized the need for a resident priest. The Reverend John Fogerty was called to serve the congregations of Hamilton, Darby, and Victor. Under his guidance, the Hamilton church grew to fifty-six communicants. In 1901, the congregation raised approximately $1,200 to build a rectory for Fogerty. The one-and-one-half story, wood-frame residence, which supplied all the modern conveniences, originally sported a full-length front porch. The kitchen was placed under a separate one-story roof at the back of the house. This common, nineteenth-century building practice helped keep heat and soot away from the main house and minimized damage in the event of a kitchen fire. Clergy families resided in this building until the late 1900s, when it fell into disuse. In the 1980s, a group of ambitious parish men undertook the needed repairs, restoring the building, which became an adjunct to the church building.