Filed Under Red Lodge

Charles Antilla Building

Red Lodge Commercial Historic District

This two-story building was under construction in 1907, and for a short time housed part-owner Charles Antilla’s dry goods store. In 1912, new owners Ed Ricketts and C. V. Lucas located their Okay Meat Market, later the Red Lodge Meat Market, on the ground floor. The photography studio of Tofferi and Hongell occupied the upper floor from 1908 to 1918. Though the lower storefront has been remodeled, the upper façade retains the buff masonry, attractively corbelled parapet, and sandstone trim typical of local early-twentieth-century commercial architecture.

Images

Charles Antilla Building Facade Source: Montana Historical Society Creator: Bryan Baldwin Date: June 25, 2022
Charles Antilla Building Still image capture of the facade of 17 South Broadway, Red Lodge, Montana. Image adhered to paper with typed information. b&w print. Source: Official records of the Montana State Historic Preservation Office, Helena, Montana Creator: Unidentified photographer Date: 1985
12th & Broadway looking northwest Still image capture of 12th Street and Broadway Avenue looking northwest, Red Lodge, Montana. Image information drawn from print verso. b&w print. Source: Official records of the Montana State Historic Preservation Office, Helena, Montana Creator: Kommers, McLaughlin, & Leavengood, Architects Date: September, 1981

Location

17 Broadway Avenue South, Red Lodge, Montana | Private

Metadata

The Montana National Register Sign Program, “Charles Antilla Building,” Historic Montana, accessed December 2, 2022, https://historicmt.org/items/show/125.