Pack mules provided the only access to this site in 1932, when U.S. Forest Service personnel constructed the Double Arrow Lookout. Built following the L-4 plan designed by Clyde Fickes, the structure overlooks the Clearwater River drainage from atop…

This small cabin was constructed about 1935 to accommodate guests of Laird’s Lodge. Complementing the rustic architecture of the main lodge, logs of peeled, rounded lodgepole pine are joined with saddle notched corners and finished with quarter-sawn…