Architects designing campus buildings between 1935 and 1939 were faced with a dilemma. Should they choose the Renaissance Revival style of most previous campus buildings or should they opt for the modern designs prevailing throughout the nation? In a compromise, three of the five buildings constructed during this phase allude to the previous style, but the Student Union and the Alumni Center proudly illustrate the modern Art Deco architectural movement. Very simple in design, the building features a flat roof, windows framed in terra cotta, and a stepped parapet. Completed in 1937, the Women’s Club and Art Museum later occupied the Alumni Center. The building now houses Continuing Education.