This false-fronted rubble stone barn was constructed by Smith and Boyd circa 1900, replacing a log livery stable. The stone part of the building and the front doors and windows remain as they were at the turn of the twentieth century. The barn was converted to a theater in 1949, with additions made to the rear. The porch was salvaged from the famous Morgan Evans Mansion near Anaconda, and was added to the front at that time. The “Old Stone Barn” has been home to the Virginia City Players, Montana’s oldest professional acting company, since 1949.