Contractors Anton and Martin Holter, who operated Helena’s first sawmill, built this frame residence as a rental investment in 1888. Developers like the wealthy Holter brothers built a number of south-central residences during the prosperous 1880s, transforming this once rural area into a settled neighborhood. On its spacious corner fronting narrow Spencer Street, this appealing residence in the Greek Revival style features a full-width porch with central pediment and front gable roof. The porch, now enclosed, retains its nineteenth-century details, including chamfered wood posts with simple capitals and denticulated cornice. A transom and sidelights further ornament the paneled entry door. Despite a recent addition, the original floorplan remains wholly intact. The first known tenant was John Arkell, who lived in the home from 1889 to1892. Family members included a railroad clerk, a stenographer, and a student. By 1898, George Ingram, his wife Minnie, and their two children had rented the home. Ingram, a longtime Helena insurance agent, eventually purchased the property and remained here until 1921.