Influential merchant and investor T. C. Power built his fortunes by controlling much of territorial Montana’s commerce and Indian trade. This outstanding granite business block housed Power’s American National Bank from 1892 through the 1920s. Willetts and Ashley of Chicago drew the plans for the 1889 building, which reflects both the Romanesque Revival style and the American transition to the then-emerging Chicago School of architecture. The rounded northeast corner features openings that correspond in number to the floor level. The Power Block West, built to match the original design, was added in 1914.