George and Anna Pascoe, both natives of England, moved to Helena from Butte in 1908. George died soon after the couple purchased this home in 1911. Although he was not long a resident of Helena, George, “with a cheery smile and a good word for everyone,” was the well-liked proprietor of a popular downtown billiard hall and bowling alley. Anna kept the house and when her daughter Evelyn was widowed in 1927, they raised Evelyn’s two small children together. Anna died in 1935 and Evelyn, newly remarried, inherited the family residence. Widowed again in 1947, Evelyn remained here until the late 1950s. Built circa 1905 on its prominent corner at the edge of district, the simple hip roof residence with rectangular floorplan is reminiscent of modest turn-of-the-century cottages constructed in urban neighborhoods as company housing. It stands alone, however, in this historic district. A lovely pedimented bay window is a surprising embellishment, adding individuality to the well-maintained home.