Filed Under Helena
Helena Historic District (Boundary Increase)
The Colorado Building is a rich illustration of Helena’s commercial blossoming during the early twentieth century. The Mountain States Telephone and Telegraph Company built the structure in 1922, thereby completing this block in the town’s more sparsely developed northern end. The upper two floors once served as company offices, accessed by a central doorway. The ground floor, tucked into the hillside, originally housed the Wright Furniture Company and Kenneth R. Rorabeck Drugs.