St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

Philipsburg Historic Disctrict

In January 1889, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church opened its doors to hold one of the first services in a church in Philipsburg. Placed within the cornerstone the previous year were a Bible, some coins, names of donors, and a copy of the Philipsburg Mail. The one-story wood-frame building provides an excellent example of a simple pioneer church. Except for the Gothic tracery over the entrance, the building resembles schoolhouse design of the period.

Images

Map

101 East Kearney Street, Philipsburg, Montana ~ Private