This side-gabled vernacular style residence was built for English-born veterinarian Charles F. Leslie in 1908. Dr. Leslie, a graduate of Ontario Veterinary College in Toronto, came to Kalispell in 1906 when horses still provided most transportation needs. He served as veterinary surgeon for several local liveries and was later appointed deputy state veterinarian. The property was purchased in 1925 by Flathead County medical officer Dr. Albert Dodge, who owned the home until 1943. Dr. Dodge served as county medical officer for 25 years and at his death at age 91 in 1959, he was the oldest practicing physician in Montana. Narrow clapboard siding mixed with shingled gable ends, full-width porch, Tuscan columns, and leaded glass are classic Queen Anne style elements of the Victorian era that carried over into the twentieth century. The original interior includes a French door separating the living and dining rooms and oak stairwork with engraved newel posts.