Railroad superintendent William B. Green built this elegant home between 1891 and 1894, using bricks intended for the Great Northern Railway’s depot. A lien was placed on the home when railroad officials made the discovery. Green was fired but remained in Kalispell undaunted. Subsequent early owners included Flathead Herald-Journal founder John Moore (early 1900s), the George and Elida Bjorneby family (1916-1926), and Iver and Florence Hanson (1926-1936). Originally constructed in the Queen Anne style, the home is a striking example of remodeling in a different style. In the 1940s, Kalispell architect Fred Brinkman transformed the “product of the gay nineties” into a fashionable Tudor style home for high school principal Titus Kurtichanov. Removal of a wraparound porch, addition of an attached garage, and the application of stucco and half-timbering almost obliterated its Victorian-era origins. The asymmetrical roofline, a lovely stained glass transom, and ornate interior woodwork, however, remain from the 1890s.