Builder and real estate agent Hiram Johnson built this residence around 1911 for his wife and three children. The Johnsons had come to Montana in 1893 as homesteaders and developed a successful apple and cherry orchard near Flathead Lake. They sold their produce door-to-door in Kalispell. In 1904, Hiram moved his family to Kalispell so that the Johnson children could attend public school. John and Elizabeth Elliot purchased the property from the Johnsons in 1917. Along with his brothers W. G. and T. W., John owned and operated the Elliot Brothers Company, a general merchandise and wholesale grocery business. John died only two years after moving into this home, but his wife Elizabeth remained here until 1946. The original façade featured a full-width front porch; Elizabeth had it enclosed in 1927. The house has wide, flat, returned eaves and a molded concrete block foundation. Leaded glass complements the upper panes of many of the windows.