Newlyweds Kokoa Baldwin, daughter of Kalispell attorney Marcus Baldwin, and Charles D. Conrad, son of the wealthy Charles E. Conrad, built and settled in this three-story wood-frame home in 1907. The comfortable front-gabled residence with its combination shingle and clapboard siding, wrap-around porch, and square columns was reportedly architect designed. Tradition has it that the porch was built in Spokane and brought here in 1907. After the Conrads divorced in 1915, Alba and Frances Jurgens Tobie purchased the home. Alba Tobie was president of the Conrad Bank and Mrs. Tobie, a graduate of the Chicago Art Institute, was an artist of some renown. She filled the home with her work. The vivacious Mrs. Tobie combined art with a busy career that included women's page editor for the Kalispell Bee, proprietor of the Kalispell Gardens, and many professional affiliations. In 1945, Chet and Jewell Chrisinger bought the property. Chet grew up in the neighborhood and as children, he and the Conrads' son, William, played together in the Conrad Mansion. The Chrisingers and their four children carefully maintained the historic home for over fifty years.