Many interesting families occupied this Craftsman style home after its completion in 1909. John and Anna Nelson were probably the original owners of the property, but Richard Cap, manager of Cap Electric Construction, and his bride, Leila Noffisinger Cap, were the first to occupy the residence. In 1915, good road and automobile booster Frank D. Stoop moved into the house and his bride Annie joined him a year later. Stoop became known as the first person to travel by car from Kalispell to West Glacier and to Libby. The home is best known for its longest residents, Dr. Fred B. and Gertrude Bogardus, who owned the property from 1923 to 1955. Dr. Bogardus originally came to Somers, Montana, as physician for the O’Brien Lumber Company. After completing post-graduate work, Dr. Bogardus established a hospital in Eureka and later opened an eye, ear, and throat practice in Kalispell. The residence features wide, bracket-supported eaves, a full-width porch, and windows accented by diamond-paned upper lights.