Flathead County High School principal Gilbert Ketcham was the first owner of this Craftsman style home built in 1908. As principal from 1902 to 1911, Ketcham was a well-rounded educator who loved being in the classroom. He was called upon to teach “history, German and anything else that was lacking an instructor.” The next occupant was Lloyd Shulkin who shared the home at various times with his four brothers. The Shulkins were in business together, operating regional men’s clothing stores that catered to loggers. Longtime owner Adolph Anderson, a native of Norway, purchased the property in 1918. Anderson had a varied career in Kalispell as realtor, Continental Oil Company district manager, and later owner of two local service stations. From 1944 to 1955, he and his sons operated the Hotel Kalispell. After Anderson’s death in 1967, the home remained in the family until 1980. Characteristic Craftsman style elements including bracketed eaves, exposed rafters, and gabled dormers add to the architectural layering and pleasant diversity of the neighborhood.