The City of Kalispell undertook a community improvement project in 1928 to beautify the long-neglected area north of the courthouse. Many of the homes in this neighborhood were built as part of that comprehensive plan, attributed to the vision of architect Fred Brinkman, linking downtown with the courthouse. This brick Tudor cottage, built in 1931 by grocer Harry Buck, was part of the planned community. Its arched entry with steeply gabled roof and heavy corbelled chimney well represent the American synthesis of the style, which sprang from building traditions of medieval England. Noteworthy interior features include distinctively arched cubby holes throughout the home, arched doorways, French doors, and the original fireplace. Buck sold the home to businessman George K. Robbin in 1936. Robbin, whose locally prominent family pioneered the sweet cherry industry on Flathead Lake, lived here until his death in 1975. Current owners have carefully preserved impressions of small hands and feet etched in the concrete driveway and dated 1938.