John and Belle Bond built this hipped-roof brick cottage in 1900. The builder’s use of a prominent gable over the front porch and dormers adds dimension and character to the Vernacular style home. Osteopath Ida Rosencrans and her daughters lived here from 1902 to 1905. In addition to her medical practice, Rosencrans ran for Flathead County Superintendent of Schools as a Socialist. Edwin and Emma Knott purchased the home in 1905. Edwin speculated in real estate and operated area movie theaters. In 1912, Emma interrupted an early morning robbery attempt, shooting the perpetrator with a .22 caliber rifle. Although police tracked the blood trail for more than a mile, they did not catch the burglar. Failing health prompted rancher Frank McKisson and wife Lurinda to sell their ranch and purchase the home from the Knotts in 1917. Frank died in 1918 and Lurinda remained in residence until 1931. Floyd and Lulu Fry lived in the home beginning in 1932. Floyd, a machinist, also served as secretary of the county Socialist party and taught adult vocational classes.