This block was bustling with businesses circa 1895 when bartender Patrick Cosgrove and his wife Mary built this Queen Anne style cottage to replace an older house on the lot. The porch’s Tuscan columns, fancy fish-scale shingle siding, and leaded-glass front window brought style and civility to the block of stores, saloons, and boardinghouses. In 1899, William and Lida Dyer purchased the home. William, a Cornish miner and landlord, had served as a member of the 1889 Montana constitutional convention and in 1900 ran unsuccessfully for the Montana House of Representatives. Lida hosted Florence Crittenton Circle meetings—a national movement to help "lost and fallen" women—at their home. In 1906, the Dyers sold the house for $1,050 to well-known Centerville druggist Albert Doull and his wife Florence. The Doulls raised three children here before selling the property to Michael and Bridgett Cronnelly in 1926. Michael, a deputy sheriff, had saved Hibernian Hall and its occupants in 1923 when he safely removed two lit dynamite sticks from the building during a New Year’s Eve party. The home remained in the Cronnelly family until 1998.