Entrepreneur brothers Tommy and Billy Miles constructed this dignified building in 1903 strategically located across from the Northern Pacific’s new passenger depot. The first floor of the masonry business block provided the booming community with much-needed retail space. Early tenants included a sign painter, the National Guard Armory, and Western Union Telegraph. On the second floor, grand windows provided good ventilation and natural light for a public ballroom and concert hall. According to the newspaper, it was “a place for public amusement” unequalled “by any other edifice in the city.” The “elegantly fitted” facility seated more than 700 people, and local organizations, from the Order of Railway Employees to the High School Glee Club, quickly put it to use. After a new ballroom opened in 1907, the Park Theater and a rooming house shared the second story. In 1945, the American Legion Park Post No. 23 bought the building to serve its rapidly growing membership, bolstered by soldiers returning after World War II. By 1969, the post was Montana’s fourth largest, with 458 members. The Legion’s historic bar room remained as of 2017.