A clipped gable roof, a wide inviting porch, classical Doric columns, and a central corbeled chimney are characteristic of the pattern book houses that dot Missoula’s Southside neighborhoods. Catalogue pattern book house plans promoted the American Dream and made stylish homes readily available. This well-maintained 1903 residence was likely built as an investment property. Pioneer stockman James Goodwin, who owned several other Southside rentals and lived in the neighborhood, purchased the home from the South Missoula Land Company in 1903. It served as a rental until 1922 when the William Jameson family became its longtime residents. Jameson was an attorney, a realtor, and served a term as secretary to the president of the nearby university. After Jameson’s death in 1933, his widow Annie, Annie’s elderly mother Charity Roberts, and daughter Lucille Ormsby made their homes here. Annie kept house at this address until 1959. The interior features many original finishings including graceful high ceilings, a spindled staircase with the original newel post and banister, and lovely bullseye rosette moldings throughout.