Radical building improvement on West Park Street during 1913 included the construction of this large retail and business block. The original 1890 Thomas Block had fallen victim to fire the previous year. Butte architect Herman Kemna, who also designed the Phoenix Block across the street, drew the plans for the $75,000 replacement of brick and reinforced concrete. In 1916, the building’s diverse commercial tenants included a drug store, saloon, basement candy factory, and second-floor combination bowling alley and billiard hall. Although the ground floor now has modern storefronts, the upper floor retains Kemna’s fine design, featuring a metal cornice, tall transomed windows grouped an interesting arrangement, and a brick parapet with stone coping.