Carpenter Lewis Morris built this Queen Anne style cottage in 1898 for approximately $300 during Butte’s second building boom. Lap siding, turned porch supports, and decorative glass ornament the home’s basic form, while a hundred-year-old cottonwood shades the yard. Originally, the home’s pyramidal roof likely had a flat top, a style that tended to leak. Capping the roof with a second pyramid was a common solution. Over the years, a variety of white-collar workers and their families rented the home. Residents included Robert and Honora Haydn, who resided here in 1900. Robert was the advertising agent for the Butte Daily Miner. From 1908 to 1911, mining engineer James Egan lived here with his family. Leonard Huber, a timekeeper at the Anselmo mine, and his wife, Gertrude, made their home here from 1945 to 1951. In the 1960s a lattice arch connected this home to 631 W. Quartz. Members of the Sultzer family occupied both houses. The Sultzers had lived at 631 W. Quartz since 1904 and various family members lived here from 1923 until 1931 and again from 1956 until 1975.