Construction of this women’s residence, dedicated in 1903, attests to Montana’s early commitment to coeducation. Architect A. J. Gibson chose the simple, elegant Second Renaissance Revival style for his third campus building. Deviating from the specifications of the original campus master plan, the building faces the end, rather than the center of the Oval. Room and board could be had for eighteen dollars a month with space for seventy-two students. Renamed Craig Hall in 1911 after first university president Oscar Craig, the building also housed the school’s first two sororities. When a new women’s dormitory opened in 1924, Craig Hall was extensively remodeled for classroom use.