Filed Under Red Lodge

105 North Broadway

Red Lodge Commercial Historic District

Local physician Dr. Samuel Souders owned this commercial lot in 1909, when Dan Davis, an advocate for the construction of a fancy opera house, proposed it for the construction of his vision. The newspapers reported weekly for several months on Davis’ progress toward securing financial backing, but it was not until 1920 that the fabulous Theatorium was finally constructed elsewhere at 11th and Platt Street. Jeweler A. H. Davis purchased the lot from Souders as an investment in 1910, constructing the present building four years later. The one-story masonry building, which originally housed a dry goods store, features brick piers with recessed panels and a glass block and tile transom spanning the front façade.

Images

105 North Broadway Still image capture of small block building in 1980. Image adhered to paper with typed information. b&w print. Source: Official records of the Montana State Historic Preservation Office, Helena, Montana Creator: Unidentified photographer Date: 1980
105 North Broadway Still image capture of small block building. Image adhered to paper with typed information. b&w print. Source: Official records of the Montana State Historic Preservation Office, Helena, Montana Creator: Unidentified photographer Date: 1985

Location

105 Broadway Avenue North, Red Lodge, Montana | Private

Metadata

The Montana National Register Sign Program, “105 North Broadway,” Historic Montana, accessed December 3, 2022, https://historicmt.org/items/show/122.