Henry Dion built this brick building circa 1894 to expand his mercantile business. In 1908, he sold it to his two eldest sons, Harry N. and Fred. The brothers enlarged the original one-story building in 1910, adding a second story with apartments…

Early Glendive businessmen took great pride in their town, so when the Glendive Independent reported in 1911 that the rival town of Sidney was “putting on metropolitan airs,” merchants rose to the competition by forming committees and promotion…

Between 1900 and 1910, Glendive’s population doubled to 2,448 and the small settlement had begun its transformation from a one-stop cowtown to a more sophisticated city, where residents could stroll on cement sidewalks and tap into a brand-new water…

Contractor John Holm constructed this small two-story building for the Dion family in 1929 after he had remodeled the Dion Block on one side and built the J.C. Penney Building on the other. This final addition to the five-building Dion Block shares…